Facts and Interesting Information
- Keep chocolate candies out of your dog’s reach. Chocolate can be fatal to dogs.
- Most dogs are color blind. They see everything as black, white, or gray.
- Puppies don’t wag their tails until about 30 days after birth. The earliest recorded wag was observed in a 17-day-old puppy.
- Dogs cool themselves by panting. they only have sweat glands in the pads of their feet.
- Dogs cannot digest the whites of raw eggs. It’s OK to feed your puppy cooked eggs occasionally.
- More than 53 million dogs now live the United States. About 1/3 of all U.S. households have one or more dogs.
- Of the 131 breeds recognized by the American Kennel Club, only 8 originated in the United States.
- Never feed cat food to a dog. Dogs need half the protein cats do. Dogs and cats must have food developed to their specific nutritional needs.
- Clean up your antifreeze puddles–it’s poisonous.