We welcome you to come in and tour our facility anytime during our open hours! Please come in, meet our dogs and cats! Ask us for an application at the counter, call us and we’ll fax you one, or download and print from here: Adoption Application. Please fill it out as completely as possible! If the entire application has not been filled out, we will NOT process your application. One of the most important parts to the application is the “Vet Reference” section. Please supply us with your current/previous veterinarian and phone number! If you have never had an animal before, please let us know. It would be to your advantage to do some research as to whom you may use. We will be more than happy to give you names of vets in your area. The Livingston County Humane Society does NOT offer vet services. All applications take a minimum of 3 days to be approved once they are received at the shelter. Once you are approved you will be contacted to come pick up the animal!
YOU CAN FAX YOUR APPLICATION TO US AT 815-842-0504. Or, you can email it to us at email@example.com. That way, we can get you pre-approved before you come in and pick out the animal you want.
- Kittens (up to 1 year) $100
- Adult Cats (1+ years) $75
- VIP Cats (10+ years) $50
- Puppies (up to 1 year) $275
- Adult Dogs (1+ year) $225
- VIP Dogs (10+ years) $200
**Once you find an animal you would like to adopt AND you have an approved application you can put a $50 NONREFUNDABLE deposit down to ensure that no other family can adopt them.
Please bring a leash if you are adopting a dog, or a crate if you are adopting a cat.
We currently only accept cash or checks.
- Our adoption program is for individuals and families seeking a pet to live indoors and provide companionship.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt.
- We recommend that all household members meet the animal during the adoption process. In some cases, we will make this a requirement.
- If you rent or lease your home, we require written or verbal approval from your landlord before you adopt a pet.
- If you currently own animals, your pets must be up-to-date on vaccinations and be spayed or neutered (Dogs must also be on monthly heartworm prevention). We will contact your veterinarian to confirm this.
- If this is your first pet, we need a friend or a family member’s contact information to provide a vet reference. This means that they must have pets or have had pets in the time that you have know them. We will need their name(s), their pet’s name(s), and the clinic that they use.
- You must live within a 100 mile radius from our facility to be eligible for an altered animal. Puppies/Kittens we like to keep closer to the facility so that they can return easily when they are old enough to be altered.
- All adult cats and dogs will be spayed or neutered and microchipped prior to adoption. Kittens and puppies must be returned to the shelter to be spayed and neutered.
- If you’re in the process of moving, we recommend you delay adoption of an adult cat or dog until after you’re settled in your new home.
- If you have any dogs in your household, a meet and greet is required, but only AFTER you have been approved.
- The adoption committee will approve/deny the application. We do not do first day adoptions.
- The adoption committee also reserves the right to deny ANY adoption that they feel is unsuitable.